Manager, Medical Content & Healthcare Media Agency Sales
|Job Type||Full Time|
Guideline Central is the global leader and publisher of medical society-endorsed guidelines products. We work with well-respected organizations such as the American Heart Association, American Diabetes Association, American Academy of Family Physicians and more. We are located in Lake Mary, Florida (Orlando), rated number 4 in the country by Money Magazine as the top place to live and work. We are growing our dynamic organization to meet customer demand and seek a highly motivated self-starting individual.
A key function of the Medical Media Sales and Business Development Manager is direct support of company’s sales activities towards healthcare ad agency, pharma and biotech customers. This position is focused on maintaining a high-level strategic vision and executing that vision to expand our current business opportunities. Position can be remote – relocation not required.
You will work to produce: relevant leads, sales proposals, and expanded business opportunities in regards to our agency/pharma/device clients. You will have a critical role in our already successful customer outreach programs to pharma and device companies. You will report to the Director of Sales, and will be focus on generating and closing your own leads and accounts. This position affords the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work with many exciting customers that include pharmaceutical company marketers and medical associations.
If you are a rising star or experienced sales/marketer with a strong work ethic and not afraid to think outside the box, then we want you to join our growing company. We want you to share in our professional rewards as we continue to improve patient outcomes with best in class, exclusive solutions and cutting-edge technology. This position is a senior level position for the highly motivated individual.
Duties Include, But Not Limited To:
- Execute strategy as it pertains to selling to medical ad agencies, pharma, device and other biotech companies
- Conduct and track daily customer calls/emails and follow ups on customer needs and sales opportunities
- Work with Vice President and Sales Director to establish selling priorities to meet the needs of our pharma and device customers
- Prospect and identify appropriate contacts for sales outreach (e.g. Linkedin)
- Respond to RFPs
- Manage contact records within CRM (Hubspot)
- Promote company products and services at annual conferences and society meetings
- Generate leads and conduct meetings, webcasts and conference calls with current and potential customers
- Help develop new product offerings based on pharma/device customer feedback
Desired Skills and Traits:
- Excellent presenter on the phone and in-person
- Strong writing skills to craft sales emails that generate responses
- Experienced and effective online researcher and networker to find the most relevant targets and to reach the key decision makers (Linkedin, Google, and similar)
- Excellent written and verbal skills, professional demeanor, strong work ethic, and enjoys working on a team
- Effective communicator with strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Basic understanding of medical terminologies to help “match” potential customers to clinical guideline recommendations
- Extensive client deal-making experience and a desire to aggressively “hunt” and develop new business
- Must have strong computer skills: Microsoft Office, Linkedin, CRMs/Hubspot, Excel, Google Drive, etc.
Education Requirements and Experience:
- 4+ years of sales and business development experience
- 2+ years in the medical ad agency, pharma, medical device or biotech field
- Intimate knowledge of the medical device, pharmaceutical and healthcare industry in general, along with an established network within the healthcare/pharma/biotech space
- Experience using CRM systems, especially Hubspot
- Competitive base
- Company healthcare plan
- Ability to work from home
- 401k with employer match
- Bonus programs
- Great work/life balance and company culture
- Opportunity for growth
- Employee stock options and ownership opportunities
- And more
Contact us today if you are interested in applying.