Sales and Business Development Director
|Location||No Requirements, But Northeast Region Preferred|
|Industries||Medical Publishing, Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Biotech|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Guideline Central is the global leader and publisher of medical society-endorsed guidelines products. We are located in Lake Mary, Florida (Orlando), rated number 4 in the country by Money Magazine as the top place to live and work. We are growing our dynamic organization to meet customer demand and seek a highly motivated self-starting business development/sales director.
A key function of the Sales and Business Development Director is direct support and leadership of the sales team. This position is focused on maintaining a high level strategic vision and executing that vision to expand our current business opportunities. Position can be remote, but ideal candidate should reside in Northeast region (PA, DC, MD, VA, NJ, NY, etc.).
You will work to produce: relevant leads, sales proposals, and expanded business opportunities in regards to our pharma/device clients. You will also research and follow up on revenue generating leads as well as develop and maintain professional networks with industry leaders and key decision makers. You will also have a critical role in our already successful customer outreach programs. This position affords the successful candidate an amazing opportunity to work with many exciting customers that include pharmaceutical companies and medical associations.
If you are a rising star or experienced sales/marketer with a strong work ethic and not afraid to think outside the box, then we want you to join our wonderful company. We want you to share in our excitement as we continue to improve patient outcomes with best in class, exclusive solutions and cutting edge technology. This position is an Executive Level position for the highly motivated individual.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Conduct and track daily customer calls/emails and follow ups on customer needs and sales opportunities
- Work with CEO and VP of Marketing to establish selling priorities to meet the business need
- Strategically align sales growth with company objectives – especially as it pertains to print and digital sales growth
- Work with and lead the sales team to ensure constant pipeline growth
- Initiate sales opportunities from re-orders, upsells, and new title developments or updates
- Work with the rest of our sales/marketing team and medical society partners to promote company products and services at meetings
- Understand our digital apps and how to sell this value (along with print) to our clients
- Generate your own leads and contacts/prospects based on research and network
Desired Skills and Traits:
- Be a self-starter with very little supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Experienced online researcher and networker to find the most relevant targets and to reach the key decision makers
- Generate/conduct meetings, webcasts and conference calls with current and potential customers
- Personable in order to liaise with customers and association partners
- Effective communicator with strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Must be flexible to travel to meet clients and attend conferences (as required)
- Must have strong computer skills: Microsoft Office, CRMs, etc.
Education Requirements and Experience:
- Degree, in business or a science related field
- 7+ years of general business experience (preferred)
- Experience managing business development, marketing, or corporate relations efforts within a pharma/device company OR medical association (preferred)
- Intimate knowledge of the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry, along with a large network within the pharma/biotech space
- Experience and proven success with selling products or advertising/marketing services directly to the biotech industry (med ad agency, publisher, medical association, etc.)