ChloraPrep One-Step (chlorhexidine gluconate and isopropyl alcohol) solution
CareFusion 213 LLC
Chlorhexidine gluconate 2% w/v
Isopropyl alcohol 70% v/v
for the preparation of the patient's skin prior to
surgery. Helps to reduce bacteria that potentially can cause
For external use only. Flammable, keep away from fire or
flame. To reduce the risk of fire, PREP CAREFULLY:
- do not use 26-mL applicator for head and neck surgery
- do not use on an area smaller than 8.4 in. × 8.4 in. Use a
smaller applicator instead.
- solution contains alcohol and gives off flammable vapors
- avoid getting solution into hairy areas. Hair may take up to
1 hour to dry. Wet hair is flammable.
- do not drape or use ignition source (e.g., cautery, laser)
until solution is completely dry (minimum of
3 minutes on hairless skin; up to 1 hour in hair)
- do not allow solution to pool
- remove wet materials from prep area
When using this product
keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth.
May cause serious or permanent injury if permitted to enter
and remain. If contact occurs, rinse with cold water right away
and contact a doctor.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
irritation, sensitization, or allergic
reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help
or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months
of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
- use in a well ventilated area
- maximal treatment area for one applicator is approximately
13.2 in. × 13.2 in. (1126 cm 2). Do not use 26-ml applicator
for area smaller than 8.4 in. x 8.4 in. Use a smaller
- Do not use 26-ml applicator for head and neck surgery
- remove applicator from package; do not touch sponge
- hold the applicator with the sponge down. Pinch wing
only once to activate the ampules and release the antiseptic.
- wet the sponge by pressing and releasing the sponge
against the treatment area until liquid is visible on the skin
- completely wet the treatment area with antiseptic
- dry surgical sites (e.g., abdomen or arm): use gentle
repeated back-and-forth strokes for 30 seconds
- moist surgical sites (e.g., inguinal fold): use gentle
repeated back-and-forth strokes for 2 minutes
- do not allow solution to pool; tuck prep towels to absorb
solution, and then remove
- allow the solution to completely dry (minimum of 3
minutes on hairless skin; up to 1 hour in hair). Do not blot
or wipe away.
- discard the applicator after a single use along with any
portion of the solution not required to cover the prep area.
It is not necessary to use the entire amount available.
- store between 15-30 °C (59-86 °F)
- avoid freezing and excessive heat above 40 °C (104 °F)
FD&C green #3 dye, USP purified water
- call 1-800-523-0502 (M-F 8 a.m.-5 p.m. CST)
Package/Label Principal Display Panel