Pressure Ulcers and other Wounds in the Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Setting
- 26 pages
- Spiral Bound
- 80# Aqueous Coating
- 4.25" x 7.25"
- Ships in 5 – 10 business days
- Key Points
- Summary of Recommendations and Their Grading
- Pressure Ulcer Staging
- Physical Factors That May Influence Pressure-Ulcer Treatment Choices
- Nonpharmacologic Treatments for Pain
- Nutritional Supplementation to Promote Skin Integrity and Healing
- Characteristics of Available Support Surfaces
- Methods of Debridement
- Options for Pressure Ulcer Dressings
- STEP 1: Does the Patient Have Risk Factors for Pressure Ulcers?
- STEP 2: Examine the Patient's Skin Thoroughly to Identify Existing Pressure Ulcers
- STEP 3: Assess the Patient's Overall Physical and Psychosocial Health and Characterize the Pressure Ulcer
- STEP 4: Identify Factors That Can Affect Ulcer Treatment and Healing
- STEP 5: Characterize the Pressure Ulcer
- STEP 6: Identify Priorities in Managing The Ulcer and the Patient
- STEP 7: Establish a Realistic, Individualized Interprofessional Care Plan
- STEP 8: Provide General Support for the Patient
- STEP 9: Manage Pressure
- STEP 10: Manage Colonized or Infected Ulcers
- STEP 11: Debride Necrotic Tissue from the Ulc
- STEP 12: Cover and Protect the Ulcer and Surrounding Skin
- STEP 13: Recognize and Manage Ulcer Complications
- STEP 14: Consider Adjunctive Therapies when Standard Therapies are Ineffective and Align with Goals of Care
- STEP 15: Manage, Venous, Arterial, Neuropathic, and Other Ulcers
- STEP 16: Monitor The Progress of Both Patient and Ulcer
- STEP 17: Decide Whether to Change Approaches to Managing the Ulcer
- STEP 18: Monitor the Facility's Management of Pressure Ulcers
- For purchases under 100 in quantity, we suggest placing the order directly through the website.
- We offer group/institutional licenses for multi-user accounts (discount amount varies depending on the number of users).
- We are proud to offer special discounts to medical schools, training programs, students and more.
- We offer bulk purchase discounts based on number of copies and number of titles.
Contact Us for more details
This resource is for informational purposes only, intended as a quick-reference tool based on the cited source guideline(s), and should not be used as a substitute for the independent professional judgment of healthcare providers. Practice guidelines are unable to account for every individual variation among patients or take the place of clinician judgment, and the ultimate decision concerning the propriety of any course of conduct must be made by healthcare providers after consideration of each individual patient situation. Guideline Central does not endorse any specific guideline(s) or guideline recommendations and has not independently verified the accuracy hereof. Any use of this resource or any other Guideline Central resources is strictly voluntary.
You can also find this product included in this bundle!