In our previous article, we looked at some of the high level data points covering clinical practice guidelines published in 2022. In this post, we will break down the all-time most viewed guidelines (on the Guideline Central platform), regardless of release date. So, without further ado…
- ACC/AHA Heart Failure (166,000 views)
- The American College of Cardiology (ACC) and American Heart Association (AHA) Heart Failure guidelines were number 1, and it. Wasn’t. Even. Close. As one of the most important and wide-reaching guidelines to publish in 2022, we have a feeling this will continue to be the most popular in 2023 as well.
- ASAM – Alcohol Withdrawal Management (57,000 views)
- One of the few biggest surprises on this list, the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Alcohol Withdrawal guideline takes our number two spot for most popular in 2022!
- ATA – Diagnosis and Management of Hyperthyroidism (53,000 views)
- This is the oldest guideline on our list – it was actually released back in 2014 by American Thyroid Association (ATA). Like Heart Failure, this guideline has consistently placed among the most popular on our platform since publication.
- ATA – Differentiated Thyroid Cancer (44,000 views)
- This is actually one of two DTC guidelines published by the American Thyroid Association (ATA). This version just nudged out the “Nodules” document by a tad. Had we included both on this list, it would have come in at the number 5 spot, and had we combined the two into a single entry, it would actually be number two! Look for an update to this guideline in 2023.
- ASAM – Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder (40,000 views)
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) first released its National Practice Guideline for Opioid Use Disorder, and later updated it in 2020. This guideline has grown in popularity year by year, as more and more providers are realizing the importance of MAT to combat the ever-growing opioid epidemic.
- AHA/ASA – Acute Ischemic Stroke (38,000 views)
- This American Heart Association (AHA) and American Stroke Association (ASA) guideline has undergone a number of updates over the years, both small focused updates and large overhauls, but it has remained consistently popular throughout!
- APA – Schizophrenia (29,000 views)
- This guideline was published in 2021 by American Psychiatric Association (APA), and also offers a number of other companion implementation tools, including a patient guide
- ALPS – Nutrition Interventions in Adults with Diabetic Foot Ulcers (28,000 views)
- Probably the biggest surprise on this list is the American Limb Preservation Society (ALPS)’s first official document. It isn’t technically a guideline, but rather an expert consensus / best practice manuscript. We are very excited to see what the future holds for this up and coming society!
- AAO-HNS – Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (26,000 views)
- This is another guideline on this list by American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Foundation (AAO-HNS) that is a handful of years old, yet has remained popular throughout.
- ACC/AHA – Atrial Fibrillation (22,000 views)
- Since its initial publication, this guideline has consistently ranked among the most popular on our platform since its initial publication by the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and American Heart Association (AHA).
So, there it is! We’ve covered the top guidelines overall based on number of views, regardless of the calendar year in which they were published as well a recap of all the clinical guidelines that were published in 2022.
Have suggestions for a future series? Let us know! We’d love to hear your opinions and ideas on how we can share this data with the community!
Copyright © 2022 Guideline Central, All rights reserved.