Systems Analyst and Software Development Life Cycle Manager
|Job Type||Full Time|
Guideline Central is the global leader and publisher of medical society-endorsed guidelines products. We work with well-respected organizations such as the American Heart Association, American Diabetes Association, American Academy of Family Physicians and more. We are located in Lake Mary, Florida (Orlando), rated number 4 in the country by Money Magazine as the top place to live and work. We are growing our dynamic organization to meet customer demand and seek a highly motivated self-starting individual.
You will be responsible for supporting the design, development and maintenance of our full-stack software applications that are used by thousands of users daily. At the same time, you will be applying engineering best practices, and helping to create a culture of software quality and operational excellence through the organization.
Suitable candidates for this position will have technical background with strong analytical, planning, problem solving, writing and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with management, peers, technology vendors and business unit customers. Besides traditional systems analysts, this is also a great role for a software developer interested in the product management side of business, or a product manager with software development knowledge/experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with the development team, informatics, and sales/marketing, to define, gather, and document business processes and needs, and translate into detailed functional requirements and design specifications for development.
- Coordinate and support development team in installing and analyzing applications and tools
- Manage QA process, identify test cases, explain complex processes, aid in developing test plans, define acceptance criteria, etc.
- Assist in support for users and developing user documentation
- Coordinate project tasks and project life cycle phases to meet goals and requirements
- Provide programming and technical expertise to ensure business solutions (composite applications) function according to business and technical requirements
- Proactively identify and communicate potential problems and issues to project team members / leaders
- Manage Jira / Confluence / Bitbucket
- Track, research, document, and report (as needed) issues reported by the business and follow through to resolution
- Interface with external contractors, end-users and related software consultants
- Develop, maintain and manage systems, software tools and applications
- Analyze, design and develop modifications and changes to existing systems to enhance performance
- College degree
- At least 3-5 years of related experience
- Deep experience using PM tools, specifically Jira
- Experience in writing test cases and executing testing plans
- Ability to quickly learn new software solutions
- Prior experience in development methodologies (waterfall, agile, scrum, etc.), enterprise planning, estimation, etc.
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to write operational and application documentation
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC)
- Exposure to a variety to technologies, including object-oriented techniques/principles, database design, application & web servers
- Understanding of the development of both RESTful and SOAP web services and APIs
- Minimum of 2+ years coding experience leveraging with Java
Company Benefits Include:
- Medical Insurance for Employee and Family
- 401(k) Plan
- Ability to Work from Home
- Flexible Office Environment (Animals Allowed!)
- Generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave
- Profit Sharing Plan and Bonuses
- And More