Health Mart omeprazole (omeprazole) tablet, orally disintegrating, delayed release
Strategic Sourcing Services LLC
Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Omeprazole 20 mg
- treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
- not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Allergy alert: do not use if you are allergic to omeprazole
Do not use if you have:
- trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- warfarin, clopidogrel or cilostazol (blood-thinning medicines)
- prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
- diazepam (anxiety medicine)
- digoxin (heart medicine)
- tacrolimus or mycophenolate mofetil (immune system medicines)
- prescription antiretrovirals (medicines for HIV infection)
- methotrexate (arthritis medicine)
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
- you develop a rash or joint pain
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- for adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect; some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14-Day Course of Treatment
- take 1 tablet before eating in the morning
- do not crush or chew tablets
- place the tablet on tongue; tablet disintegrates, with or without water. The tablets can also be swallowed whole with water.
- take every day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 tablet a day
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
- do not take this medicine with alcohol
Repeated 14-Day Course (if needed)
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- read the directions and warnings before use
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F); keep product out of high heat and moisture
amino methacrylate copolymer, ascorbic acid, cetyl alcohol, colloidal silicon dioxide, crospovidone, ferric oxide, flavor, hypromellose, hypromellose phthalate, maize maltodextrin, mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, propylene glycol, silicon dioxide, sodium stearate, sodium stearyl fumarate, sorbitol, sucralose, sugar spheres, talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate
Questions or comments?
1-800-719-9260: weekdays 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM EST
Package/Label Principal Display Panel
Delayed Release Orally
Disintegrating Tablets 20 mg
Treats Frequent Heartburn!
Occurring 2 or More Days a Week
Orally Disintegrating Tablets
Melts In Your Mouth
Three 14-day courses of treatment