Delsym (Dextromethorphan) suspension, extended release
RB Health (US) LLC
Active ingredient (in each 5 mL)
Dextromethorphan polistirex equivalent to 30 mg dextromethorphan hydrobromide
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- chronic cough that lasts such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- shake bottle well before use
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use dosing cup with other products
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
- mL = milliliter
|adults and children 12 years of age and over||10 mL every 12 hours,
not to exceed 20 mL in 24 hours
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||5 mL every 12 hours,
not to exceed 10 mL in 24 hours
|children 4 to under 6 years of age||2.5 mL every 12 hours,
not to exceed 5 mL in 24 hours
|children under 4 years of age||do not use|
- each 5 mL contains: sodium 7 mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- dosing cup provided
citric acid anhydrous, D&C red no. 33, edetate disodium, ethylcellulose, FD&C blue no. 1, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, methylparaben, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (soybean, cottonseed), polyethylene glycol 3350, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sucrose, tragacanth, xanthan gum
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
RB Health (US)
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 148 mL Bottle Carton
Extended-Release Suspension (Cough Suppressant)
COUGH RELIEF ®
Day or Night
148 mL (5 fl oz)