Loperamide HCl (LOPERAMIDE HYDROCHLORIDE) capsule, liquid filled
Chain Drug Consortium, LLC
Active ingredient(in each capsule)
Loperamide HCI 2 mg
controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers' Diarrhea.
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl.
Heart alert: Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death.
Do not use
- if you have bloody or black stool
- in children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- mucus in the stool
- a history of liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
When using this product
tiredness, drowsiness, or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- not for use in children under 12 years of age
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: 2 softgels after the first loose stool; 1 softgel after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 softgels in 24 hours
- store at 20º-25°C (68º-77°F). Protect from light.
- avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F).
- do not use if carton or blister unit is open or torn
- see side panel for lot number and expiration date
butylated hydroxyanisole, edible ink, FD&C blue #1, gelatin, glycerin, glyceryl caprylate, polyoxyl 40 hydrogenated castor oil, purified water
Questions or comments?
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Principal Display Panel
*COMPARE TO THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT IN IMODIUM® A-D
Soft Gelatin Capsules, 2 mg
Controls the Symptoms of Diarrhea
Suitable for adults and children 12 years and over
**each liquid-filled capsule
contains 2 mg loperamide HCI
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals, Distributor of Imodium® A-D
THIS PRODUCT IS PACKAGED IN A CHILD-RESISTANT AND TAMPER EVIDENT PACKAGE. USE ONLY IF BLISTERS ARE INTACT.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
Distributed By: Pharmacy Value Alliance, LLC
407 East Lancaster Avenue,
Wayne, PA 19087