Nexium 24HR (esomeprazole magnesium) tablet
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US) LLC
Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Esomeprazole 20 mg
(Each delayed-release tablet corresponds to 22.3 mg esomeprazole magnesium trihydrate)
- treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
- not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
- Do not use if you are allergic to esomeprazole
- Esomeprazole may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms include:
- skin reddening
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical attention right away.
Do not use if you have:
- trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking a prescription drug. Acid reducers may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
- you develop a rash or joint pain
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- may take 1 to 4 days for full effect 14-Day Course of Treatment swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water before eating in the morning take every day for 14 days do not take more than 1 tablet a day swallow whole. Do not crush or chew tablets. do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
- Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed) you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- read the directions and warnings before use
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
corn starch, crospovidone, D&C red no. 27 aluminum lake, FD&C blue no. 2 aluminum lake, FD&C red no. 40 aluminum lake, glyceryl monostearate, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid copolymer, mica, microcrystalline cellulose, paraffin, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, sodium stearyl fumarate, sucrose, talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate
Questions or comments?
call toll-free weekdays 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-866-226-1600
KEEP CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
Do Not Use if seal under bottle cap imprinted with “SEALED for YOUR PROTECTION”
or yellow band around the center of each capsule is broken or missing.
Tips for Managing Heartburn
- Avoid foods or drinks that are more likely to cause heartburn, such as rich, spicy, fatty
- and fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol and even some acidic fruits and vegetables.
- Eat slowly and do not eat big meals.
- Do not eat late at night or just before bedtime.
- Do not lie flat or bend over soon after eating.
- Raise the head of your bed.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing around your stomach.
- If you are overweight, lose weight.
- If you smoke, quit smoking
Distributed by: GSK Consumer Healthcare,
Warren, NJ 07059
©2022 GSK group of companies or its licensor
Made in France
For most recent product information, visit www.Nexium24HR.com
Nexium is a registered trademark of AstraZeneca AB and is used under license.
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
See new warning information
Treats Frequent Heartburn
20 mg/acid reducer
May take 1 to 4 days for full effect
One 14-day course of treatment
000078388 Front Carton