• use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age.
These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
• maximal treatment area for one applicator is approximately
2.5 in. x 2.5 in. (42 cm2)
• remove applicator from package; do not touch sponge
• hold the applicator with the sponge down. Pinch wings
only once to activate the ampule and release the antiseptic.
• wet the sponge by pressing and releasing the sponge against the treatment area until liquid is visible on the skin
• completely wet the treatment area with antiseptic
dry surgical sites (e.g., abdomen or arm): use gentle repeated back-and-forth strokes of the sponge for approximately 30 seconds. Allow the area to air dry for approximately 30 seconds.
moist surgical sites (e.g., inguinal fold): use gentle repeated back-and-forth strokes for approximately 2 minutes • Allow the area to air dry for approximately 1 minute.
• do not blot or wipe away
• discard the applicator after a single use along with any portion of the solution not required to cover the prep area. It is not necessary to use the entire amount available.