Bactoshield CHGChlorhexidine Gluconate Solution
(CHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE) solution
Deb USA, Inc.
Chlorhexidine gluconate 4% solution
surgical hand scrub
healthcare personnel handwash
skin wound and general skin cleansing
- surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- skin wound and general skin cleansing
For external use only
This product may cause a severe allergic reaction.
Symptoms may include:
- wheezing/difficulty breathing
- facial swelling
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
- if you or the patient is allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product
- in contact with meninges
- in the genital area
When using this product
- keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if permitted to enter and remain in the eye or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums.
- if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water
- wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated
- repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when advised by a health care provider
Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
Surgical hand scrub
- wet hands and forearms with water
- scrub for 3 minutes with about 5 mL of product and a wet brush, paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and interdigital spaces
- a separate nail cleaner may be used
- rinse thoroughly
- wash for an additional 3 minutes with 5 mL of product and rinse under running water
- dry thoroughly
Healthcare personnel handwash
- wet hands with water
- dispense about 5 mL of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 15 seconds
- rinse and dry thoroughly
Skin wound and general skin cleansing
- thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with water
- apply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently
- rinse again thoroughly
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
cocamide DEA, fragrance, glucono-delta-lactone, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, PEG-75 lanolin, purified water, tridecyl alcohol.
Questions or comments?
call 1-866-783-0422 Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM EST
This product contains a chemical (cocamide DEA) known in the State of California to cause cancer.
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 946 mL Bottle Label
deb med ®
4% Solution Antiseptic
1344 - 24
Net Contents: 946mL (32 fl oz)