October is Cancer Awareness Month as well as Liver Cancer Awareness Month. Hepatocellular Carcinoma, (HCC for short), or Liver Cancer, is the third most deadliest cancer in the United States. Each year, tens of thousands of new cases are reported, and as many as 30,000 deaths caused by HCC alone.
For Liver Cancer Awareness Month 2023 we will be taking a closer look at the current clinical practice guidelines for Hepatocellular Carcinoma and other topics related to liver cancers.
Clinical Practice Guidelines:
Below is a list of various Liver Cancer-related clinical practice guidelines that are published in the United States, and current. Many of these hepatocellular carcinoma medical guidelines have a free guideline summary available in the clinical guidelines library on the Guideline Central website.
- Systemic Therapy for Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) – Published February 22, 2022
- Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) – Published May 22, 2023
- Systemic Therapy for Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) – Published December 20, 2020
- Immunotherapy for the Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SIC) – Published September 7, 2023
- External Beam Radiation Therapy for Primary Liver Cancers
- American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) – Published October 21, 2021
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) – Published September 2023
- Screening for Development of Hepatocellular Cancer in Patients with Hepatitis B and C
- National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF) – Published April 27, 2022
That’s it for our recap of this year’s Liver Cancer Month 2023. As we look ahead to Hepatocellular Carcinoma Guidelines in 2024, we expect new and/or updated clinical guidelines from both ASCO and NCCN.
Did we miss anything? If so, let us know. Also let us know which awareness month you’d like to see us cover next in our ongoing series.
Copyright © 2023 Guideline Central, All rights reserved.