November is National Diabetes Awareness Month and November 14th marks World Diabetes Day, an opportunity to raise awareness around diabetes prevention and fighting this disease. About 37 million Americans are impacted by this disease which can affect the heart, kidneys, & nerves.
For National Diabetes Month 2023, we’ve put together a list of all the diagnosis and treatment diabetes guidelines that have been published or updated since our National Diabetes Month 2022 article last year.
Diabetes-Related Clinical Guidelines:
- Diabetes Standards of Care 2023
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) – Published June 25, 2023
- 2023 Comprehensive Type 2 Diabetes Management Algorithm
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) – Published May 5, 2023
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Diabetes-related Foot Infections
- Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA); International Working Group on the Diabetic Foot (IWGDF) – Published October 2, 2023
- Prevention and Management of Diabetic Foot Disease
- International Working Group on the Diabetic Foot (IWGDF) – Published May 13, 2023
- Management of Cardiovascular Disease in Patients with Diabetes
- European Society of Cardiology (ESC) – Published August 25, 2023
- Laboratory Analysis in the Diagnosis and Management of Diabetes Mellitus
- American Diabetes Association (ADA); American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) – Published July 20, 2023
- Management of Patients with Chronic Coronary Disease
- American College of Cardiology (ACC); American Heart Association (AHA) – Published July 20, 2023
- Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Veterans Health Administration / Department of Defense (VA/DoD) – Published June 1, 2023
- IFSO-WGO Obesity Guidelines
- World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO) – Published May 1, 2023
- Obesity Algorithm 2023
- Obesity Medicine Association (OMA) – Published March 1, 2023
- Evaluation and Treatment of Children and Adolescents With Obesity
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) – Published January 9, 2023
- Management of Individuals with Diabetes at High Risk for Hypoglycemia
- Endocrine Society (ES) – Published December 7, 2022
- Blood Pressure Targets in Adults With Hypertension
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) – Published November 14, 2022
We continue to regularly keep our library up to date and expect new clinical guidelines on diabetes and related topics from the Endocrine Society, American Diabetes Association (ADA) and many other reputable medical organizations in the coming year. Make sure to sign up for alerts to stay informed on when new guidelines have been published or updated.
Copyright © 2023 Guideline Central, All rights reserved.